Summerville Homes & Real Estate
Find the newest Summerville homes for sale below. For homebuyers interested in a location where history blends with modern technology, Summerville, South Carolina may have the ideal piece of property. Whether you choose to buy a home in an existing subdivision, or have a custom home built in an established neighborhood, Summerville residents will be the first to share their positive outlook of the community. For further information on Summerville properties for sale or to schedule a private showing, contact our South Carolina real estate experts today! Read more about Summerville real estate.
Summerville Real Estate | Summerville Community & Local Highlights | Summerville School Information | Summerville Neigborhoods
Homes For Sale in Summerville SC
See All Homes For Sale in Summerville
View TODAY's New Listings by beds, baths, lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
- Summerville Condos
- Summerville Foreclosures
- Summerville Gated Homes
- Summerville Golf Course Condos
- Summerville Golf Course Homes
- Summerville Handicap Accessible Homes
- Summerville Homes With Acreage
- Summerville Homes With Elevator
- Summerville Homes With Pool
- Summerville Just Listed
- Summerville Lake Front Homes
- Summerville Luxury Homes
- Summerville Million Dollar Homes For Sale
- Summerville New Construction
- Summerville Oceanfront Condos
- Summerville Oceanfront Homes
- Summerville Open Houses
- Summerville River Access Homes
- Summerville Single-Family Homes
- Summerville Vacant Residential Lots
- Summerville Waterfront Condos
- Summerville Waterfront Homes
Interested in buying or selling a home in Summerville? Call EZ Home Search at (843) 350-8333. Our South Carolina real estate agents are here to help you navigate the ins and outs of the Summerville housing market.
Summerville Real Estate Market
Home prices span a wide range to accommodate a variety of budgets. Current real estate in Summerville ranges from the low end of $114,400 to the high end of $750,000. Like the price range the available floorplans, square footage, and type of homes for sale is diverse. The median home value in Summerville is $182,800. For homebuyers interested in the value of their investment, the appreciation value has increased home purchases from 6.1 percent to 8.2 percent.
Homes in Summerville neighborhoods can range anywhere from one-bedroom with one bath to eight bedrooms and 7 baths and multiple combinations in-between. Homes tend to range from 3 to 4 bedrooms with 2 to 3 baths. Homes with extensive acreage, such as over 20 acres, can cost close to $1,500,000. There are opportunities for square footage that easily satisfies individual preferences with homes available from 1,057 square-feet to 6,000 square feet. Many homes average between 2,000 plus square feet to 3,000 plus square feet.
Summerville's neighborhoods cover a variety of architectural styles and ages. Buyers have access to single-family homes, condominiums, manufactured homes, even original vintage homes built in the mid-1860s. Many of the properties come with single and double garages. Styles include ranch, Victorian, Gothic Revival, and contemporary and have features such as double front porches, veranda, double back porches, picket fences, brick steps and sidewalks, and bi and tri levels.
For new custom home builders, Summerville has quite a few to choose from that have received high ratings from customers. These include Adair Homes Summerville, Hume Homes, Reality Construction, Crosswind Charleston, Lockridge - Charleston Home Builder, Vasco's Quality Builders, Nexton - David Weekley Homes, and Schumacher Homes of Charleston, SC located just eight minutes away in Ladson.
Summerville Community Amenities
Within the Summerville community, there are innumerable things to do and see for indoor and outdoor activities plus historical sites that tell the tale of the area.
Several parks offer a relaxing oasis with beautiful landscape, budding flowers, recreational areas, and places for scheduled events. Historical locations visually depict Summerville's way of life.
Dining runs the gamut of delectable cultural menus that include casual dining, pub dining, fine dining, bistros, cafes, and fast-food favorites. Area eateries include The Icehouse Restaurant, Swig & Swine, Five Loaves Cafe, Palmetto Flats Restaurant and Tavern. Coffee shops and bakeries provide additional flavor to the community such as Cuppa Manna, Starbucks, Coastal Coffee Roasters, Inc., Southern Sisters Baking Company, Nothing Bundt Cakes, and Charleston Bakery and Delicatessen.
Summerville is conveniently located with several cities within a short drive time. These include a 26-minute drive Hanahan via I-26 W, a 32-minute drive to Charleston via I-26 W, and 19 minutes to Goose Creek via US-78 W and State Rd S-10-881.
Summerville Local Highlights
From leisurely strolls and adventurous hikes to historic homes and shopping malls, Summerville provides a menu of informational, educational, and fun points of interest. The following is a short list of popular sites.
- Colonial Dorchester State Historic Site - walk among the ruins of this once thriving colonial town. The site is situated at the 325-acre Old Dorchester State Park and listed of the National Register of Historic Places. The historic site includes St. George's bell tower, log wharves, an old fort, and cemeteries.
- Middleton Place - the plantation was built in the 18th and 19th centuries and home to the Middleton family for several generations, which included Arthur Middleton who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. The National Historic Landmark is home serves as a museum and as the base for the United States' oldest landscaped gardens
- Summerville - Dorchester Museum - located downtown, the small museum offers a look at the community's history through exhibits, events, and children's programs.
- Parks - there are several community parks in Summerville. These include Azalea Park, Gahagan Park, and Hutchinson Square.
- Shopping - from strip malls to shopping centers there are plenty of retail, specialty shops, and boutiques to choose from such as North Main Market, Shops of Summerville, Oakbrook Station Shopping Center, Sangaree Plaza, and Summerville Galleria.
Summerville School Information
Education in the public schools in Summerville is maintained by the Dorchester 02 School District. Several elementary schools in the district include Beech Hill Elementary School, Sand Hill Elementary, Knightsville Elementary, and Summerville Elementary School.
Middle and high schools include Gregg Middle School, Alston Middle School, Charles B. Dubose Middle School, and Summerville High School. Other schools in the community include Summerville Catholic School and Trinity Classical Academy of Summerville.
While Summerville may be a desirable and sought-after destination for buyers interested in a quality lifestyle, it is also a close-knit community providing a slower pace for enjoying life.
Summerville Real Estate Agents
Interested in a home purchase in Summerville? Allow our South Carolina real estate team to help you through the purchase of your new Summerville property or through the sale of your current residence. As local real estate agents, we're experts on the dynamics unique to the Summerville real estate market.
Contact EZ Home Search to learn more about buyer or seller representation. Planning to sell your Summerville home? Connect with us for more information about the potential resale value of your property!
Search Homes For Sale in Summerville SC
- Arbor Oaks
- Arbor Walk
- Ashborough East
- Barony Ridge
- Boykin Creek
- Bradford Chase
- Branch Creek
- Brookfield Square
- Cane Bay Nexton
- Cane Bay Plantation
- Central Commons
- Colonial Pines
- Corey Gardens
- Corey Pointe
- Corey Woods
- Country Club Estates
- Countryside Townhomes
- Coventry Place
- Crichton Parish
- Cross Creek Estates
- Daniels Orchard
- Dorchester Estates
- Flowertown Village
- Gahagan East
- Glynn Acres
- Guilford Gates
- Hunters Creek
- Lakes of Summerville
- Laurel Hill
- Limehouse Village
- Lond Needle Estates
- Madison Ridge
- Marlin Estates
- Midland Terrace
- Nautical Isles at Hidden Palms
- Newington Gardens
- Newington Plantation
- Oak Knoll
- Oak Ridge Place
- Oakbrook Commons
- Oakdale Estates
- Palmetto Park
- Palmetto Village
- Pine Forest
- Pine Forest Country Club
- Pinehill Acres
- Pines at Gahagan
- Providence Place
- Quail Arbor
- Rose Hill
- Salisbury Acres
- Sawmill Place
- Scotts Mill
- Shepard Place
- South Pointe
- Southern Magonlias
- St Phillips Place
- Summer Ridge
- Summer Trace
- Summerville Heights
- Summerville Historic District
- Sunburst Lakes
- Tea Farm
- The Arbor
- The Summit
- Trotters Ridge
- Twin Oaks
- Village on Central
- Walden RIdge
- Waring Hall
- White Gables
- Woodland Estates
- Alston-Bailey Elementary School
- Ashley Ridge High School
- Beech Hill Elementary School
- Clay Hill Elementary School
- Dr Eugene Sires Elementary School
- Eagle Nest Elementary School
- Flowertown Elementary School
- Fort Dorchester Elementary School
- Harleyville Elementary School
- James H. Spann Elementary School
- Joseph R. Pye Elementary School
- Knightsville Elementary School
- Newington Elementary School
- Oakbrook Elementary School
- Pye Elementary School
- Reeves Elementary School
- Sand Hill Elementary School
- Summerville Elementary School
- Summerville High School
- William M Reeves Elementary School
- Williams Memorial Elementary School
- Windsor Hill Elementary School